We are recruiting a Production Manager to work with as part of the production leadership team to deliver all elements required to successfully build and run the performance and ancillary spaces of all Festival Managed Venues for the 2018 Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
Melbourne International Comedy Festival is one of the three largest comedy festivals in the world and is one of Australia’s most loved events. The Festival sells in excess of 550,000 tickets annually and generates more than $16 million in box office. Aggregate attendance including free performances is over 770,000 people. The live audience numbers are boosted by an additional 5 million viewers for the nationally broadcast TV specials.
Conceived to promote the comedic arts in Australia, the Melbourne International Comedy Festival has earned its global reputation through creative, eclectic programming. The organisation is active year-round with national and international touring, educational and artistic development programs complementing the presentation of the annual four-week festival.
The key tasks of the Production Manager: Venues are:
1. Scheduling of all activities of Bump-in and Bump-out of all Festival Managed Venues (FMVs),
2. Compilation of the Festival Event Plan and Risk Management Plan
3. Management of Supplier and Venue relationships and communications
4. Compilation of applications and procurement of all Permits required to mount the festival
5. Post Festival – Produce a report detailing all aspects of the Festival schedule and conduct a debrief with Technical Director, with a view to improving methods for the coming years
An ability to communicate effectively and collaborate in a way that enables efficient and professional delivery of the Festival's production and technical services is essential.
The position is a 4-month contract commencing 10 January 2018.
Download a position description.
Along with a resume, applicants must submit a written statement (maximum two pages) addressing the selection criteria for the position.
Salary information is available on request.
Applications close 9am Monday 27 November 2017 and should be addressed to James Shuter, Technical Director, Melbourne International Comedy Festival, C/- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries: telephone 03 9245 3700 or email email@example.com.