Bringing Comedy into the Classroom
Bringing Comedy into the Classroom - Digital Education Resource
Bringing Comedy into the Classroom - Digital Education Resource is freely available to teachers.
This resource is for both teachers and students. In it you’ll find:
- Definitions of comedy, humour, funny and laughter (plus a brief history of comedy, and overview of contemporary and diverse comedy styles.
- How humour and being funny makes you feel good and builds self-esteem.
- How the Class Clowns program relates to the Australian curriculum for Years 9-10 and senior Drama syllabi in Australian states and territories.
- Introductory activities for getting into comedy and exploring a range of comic forms.
- Post-workshop activities to build on students’ ideas, encourage them to write, rehearse and refine their comedy routines.
- Links to visual resources and recent articles that are all about comedy.