- Class Clowns is open to all Australian secondary students in Years 9-12 or 14-18 years old
- Students must have a 3-5 minute act ready to go, that they would like to rehearse and refine
- Up to 3 people in an act
- Routines should be original, well-rehearsed, avoid the offensive, and funny!
- Any style of comedy is welcome. Sketch, stand up, physical, musical, or anything in between!
Deal-breakers: what’s absolutely not on
- Doing material that the contestant didn’t write.
- Material that is racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise seriously offends the sensibilities of the audience.
All Class Clowns performance and workshop venues will be COVIDSafe and will operate according to COVIDSafe plans that comply with government regulations current at the time of delivery. Participants must adhere to any instructions given by all relevant program, venue and support staff regarding health and safety requirements.
Video & Photo Release Declaration
Images and recordings of workshops and performances will be taken for the purposes of digital event broadcast, media coverage and future promotion of the Class Clowns program. If parents/guardians do not wish photos or recordings to be taken of their child, please advise the Class Clowns Producer on (03) 9245 3700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.